Kiehl’s – Creating products since 1851, Kiehl’s offers a general rewards program as well as recycling program. Consumers can be rewarded for brining empty bottles back to Kiehl’s; once you return10 bottles you’ll receive complimentary products. You can redeem one reward per month, so you might even want to see if you know others who use the products but don’t take advantage of the recycling program.
Other cosmetics companies will not reward you if you return empty bottles or containers; however, some do offer a place for dropping empties off. Instead of trashing your empty containers, check out if the company recycles their products.
Hang on to your empties, Kiehl’s lovers—the hallowed New York apothecary is rewarding its faithful with a recycling scheme that doles out products in exchange for depleted
Kiehl’s bottles, tubes, and jars.
Available at any Kiehl’s free-standing store, the good-for-the-environment, good-for-you outreach program will dispense complimentary samples that get progressively more generous the more packaging you turn in. (Check your labels before going hog-wild on a buying spree, however; some products still contain parabens, PEG, and other dubious ingredients.)
Here’s how it works:
1. Patrons will receive a Recycle and Be Rewarded! card in any Kiehl’s free-standing store, and will be encouraged to be eco-conscious and return empty Kiehl’s bottles and tubes to any Kiehl’s free-standing store.
2. The Recycle and Be Rewarded! card will be stamped in-store, each time a Kiehl’s empty is returned for recycling.
3. Upon returning his or her 3rd empty and receiving his or her 3rd stamp, each Kiehl’s patron will receive a complimentary tube of Lip Balm #1.
4. Upon returning his or her 5th empty and receiving his or her 5th stamp, each Kiehl’s patron may choose an item from the Official Kiehl’s Travel Collection.
5. Upon returning his or her 10th empty and receiving his or her 10th stamp, each Kiehl’s patron may choose any single product with a value of $25 or less, excluding Flagship Exclusive Items or charitable products.
6. After the Recycle and Be Rewarded! card has been filled, each patron will receive a fresh card for ongoing recycling.